Be careful to double check it is .io - scammers have been known to set up fake Metamask pages
Download and install the “Metamask for Chrome” as below.
Once installed you will need to add the extension by clicking the button “Add Extension” If a warning window opens, just click the ‘I understand’ box and click the “Install anyway” button.
After about 20-30 seconds you will get a “Welcome to Metamask” window open up. Proceed by clicking the “Get started” button.
Here you are given a choice if you need to create a new wallet OR recover an old wallet that you created before. a. If you already have a seed phrase to recover an account, then proceed to step 9. b. If you don’t have an account/seed phrase, then create a wallet with step 8.
8. If you don’t have a Metamask account, then you will need to create one by clicking the “Create a Wallet” button followed by the “I Agree” button.
9. Now you will need to create a password. Pick a strong password making sure you make a record of this and place it in a secure location.
10. Once you have entered the password then press the “Create” button. c. You will now be in the “Secure your Wallet” screen. There’s a video here that you can watch to show how the secret recovery phrase works. After watching this video press the “Next” button.
11. You will be shown a blanked screen that holds the secret recovery phrase. Click on this screen to reveal the 12 words that will be your recovery phrase.
12. Make a record of these 12 words and the sequence and store these in a secure location. Anyone with these 12 words can get access to your account if these fall in their hands, so it is imperative that you don’t reveal these to ANYONE.
13. No one should ask you for them and if they do they are usually scammers!! WARNING - do not lose these 12 words as you will never be able to recover your account.
14. Once you have made a record of the 12 words you’ll be asked to confirm them in the next screen in the same order that you copied them from the screen. Press the “Next” button. g. After you have picked the words in the right sequence then press the “Confirm” button and you will be in the next screen where the “All Done” button is available. Click this and you will be in the Metamask wallet.
Warning: Make sure you don't reveal your secret recovery phrase to anyone, and keep it in a secure place.